Tuesday 13 May 2014

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish 


This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is  Top Ten Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't



The Sky is Everywhere by 

I just couldn’t connect with the main character at first but I’d heard it was supposed to be a really good and sad story so I read on.


Article 5  by Kristen Simmons

The first chapter annoyed me so much I just couldn’t on but luckily I gave it another go.

Daughter of Smoke & Bone by  

The flashback was so damn long and this story dragged on a lot. (I did enjoy the book and the second book was much much better)

Incarnate by 

The writing style and the entire temple plot story confused me so much

Pure by 

I didn’t really like the multi-povs and what I thought was gonna happen

Prodigy by Marie Lu

I just wasn’t in the mood to read this story

What Happens Next by  

I didn’t really like the beginning of the book – I couldn’t get into it

Skylark by Meagan Spooner

The first section of this book was confusing and boring – luckily the book gets much better

Speechless by 

I don`t really like flashbacks

Girl of Nightmares by  

Some parts of this book was so boring and dragged on 

3 comments:

  1. I kiiiind of DNF'd Skylark, but I didn't actually pick it up. I mean, I read the first 2 sentences and then it just got shoved to the bottom of my TBR until it had to go back to the library. I'd like to try it again, but frankly it's just not high on my list anymore.
    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Incarnate and Prodigy are all on my to-read list, please tell me they were worth it in the end??

    http://confessionsofabookgeek.wordpress.com/2014/05/13/top-ten-tuesday-books-ive-put-down/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice picks. I haven't read many of these myself but have a few on my TBR list. I really enjoyed The Sky is Everywhere, I thought that was a beautiful book. Daughter of Smoke and Bone is one I am hoping to get to soon, I hope it was worth it in the end. Nice picks :) Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete