Wednesday 20 August 2014

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday

 A weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that people are eagerly anticipating.


My choice for Waiting on Wednesday this week is: 



Seeker
by Arwen Elys Dayton

Publication: February 10th 2015 by Delacorte Press, 448 pages


The night Quin Kincaid takes her Oath, she will become what she has trained to be her entire life. She will become a Seeker. This is her legacy, and it is an honor.

As a Seeker, Quin will fight beside her two closest companions, Shinobu and John, to protect the weak and the wronged. Together they will stand for light in a shadowy world. And she'll be with the boy she loves--who's also her best friend.

But the night Quin takes her Oath, everything changes. Being a Seeker is not what she thought. Her family is not what she thought. Even the boy she loves is not who she thought.

And now it's too late to walk away. 

Mechanica
by Betsy Cornwell 

Publication: 2015 by Clarion/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

Ash by Malinda Lo meets Marissa Meyer’s Cinder: A YA retelling of Cinderella about an indomitable inventor-mechanic who finds her prince but realizes she doesn't want a fairy tale happy ending after all. Fans of Libba Bray's The Diviners and Cassandra Clare's Clockwork Angel will find much to love here.


6 comments:

  1. These are both new to me! Pretty covers! Both sound intriguing. I like retellings!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mechanica looks really good, and Seeker looks fantastic! Also, the covers are really, really pretty (which doesn't say anything about the quality of the book, but it's still a plus ;) )
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool picks. Both have such lovely covers and interesting blurbs. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeker sounds great, I can't remember where I saw it first, or maybe it's a similar cover to another one, but love it! :)


    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard of these but love the both of the covers!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these look awesome! I hadn't heard of Mechanica before but it sounds like it is right up my alley. I LOVE retellings.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete