Monday 29 December 2014

Mind Games Review

Mind Games by Teri Terry


DNF at 57%

Reasons I DNF this Book;

The book at first sounds really interesting/complex with the technology and the different worlds however when I read the book I felt so bored.  I’ve read similar books – the idea isn’t original but authors put their own spin on it - but this book wasn’t working for me.

I couldn’t connect with the characters so I didn’t really care for the plotline this was partially because of the main character. The main character’s pretty – no need to get a virtual makeover like the rest of the population because of course she’s going to be naturally perfect, she’s different – how surprising, she’s super smart and the love interest falls for her and she’s shocked.  

One thing I really didn’t like was that MC was portrayed to be the only good female character.

.  Her stepmother- She forces Luna to go to school even when she didn’t want to because money was given to the family if Luna went – money hungry

. Her friends – One of her ‘best’ friends is in the story for like two lines whilst the other is seen as a snitch that will backstab Luna any second she gets – she doesn’t

. The mean girl – The one who bullies the character and then when she starts to turn good she’s killed off

. The ex – The main guy’s ex is a portrayed as a bitchy, even prettier than MC and very very jealous of Luna and vice versa.

There’s this secret organisation which is going against a different bigger and bad one and Luna is the vital piece to win against them.  Well I haven’t heard of that before!

In this secret organisation everybody has names which link in with their hacker skill; Tempo is time, Astra is stars, Crystal is ice and Gecko is lizard/spy. So now Luna has to figure out her special skill and her name. I don’t really know if what I’m saying is right as I didn’t finish the book but …. Her name is LUNA – doesn’t that even hint at the direction her skill is!

Also I feel like the book dragged on way to much and I stopped reading because it sort of put me in a reading slump and I can predict what’s going to happen in the rest of the story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment