Tuesday 14 April 2015

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish 
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books (I've Read Recently) 


Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher

“As if they’ve looked inside their soul and decided it’s bad all bad without even the tiniest bit of good worth saving.”

What I like the most about this quote is that sometimes when I base my judgements on people based on their actions I forget that one action doesn’t show me their entire personality. Prejudice happens everywhere and sometimes people are seen as entirely bad/evil when they haven’t had a chance to redeem themselves – in a sense it encourages me to give people second chances and forgive them. 


Magisterium: The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare

“Call was afraid of magicians, and he was even more afraid he was one.”

Simply put sometimes I’m afraid of change and what those changes do to my personality and this quote tells me that sometimes we’re afraid of what we will become and that’s totally fine. 


Take Back the Skies by Lucy Saxon

“Always know what those who work for you do in their free time, just in case they’re using it to betray you.”

In a different situation from this book – it’s always useful to know things that your ‘enemies’ do in their free time as they will eventually use it to their advantage.


The Witch of Salt and Storm by Kendall Kulper


“Just because it’s common doesn’t make it less powerful.”

As a reader I don’t have any of the kickass abilities, super powers or tactful mind but it’s always nice to know ‘common’ does not equal to less powerful, weaker or unintelligent. 


The Body Electric by Beth Revis

“But one of the first things to go in a time of war is simply freedom.”

Such an honest statement. 


Secret, Schemes and Sewing Machines by Katy Cannon

“You can be important just by being yourself – and yourself can be anyone you want.”

I think it’s very significant to know that sometimes we pretend to be someone we aren’t to impress someone, to create an impression or to like yourself more but at the end you can try your hardest but you will always be who you are and that isn’t a bad thing. Also you can be anyone you want but never forget who you are, as you are important. 


Soulprint by Megan Miranda


“To know your soul is to become it.

Sometimes it’s hard to find yourself/discover who you are but in cliché saying – if you look deep down into your soul you can find yourself. It’s a nice thought to believe in.  


The Novice by Taran Matharu

“That’s the difference between a good warrior and a great one. Don’t fight hard.  Fight smart.”

Words of wisdom!


We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

“Silence is a protective coating over pain”

We all have our secrets and we cover them with silence. It’s tactful but not always a good thing. 


Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon

“Wanting just leads to more wanting. There’s no end to desire.”

I like this quote because it makes me think a lot about what I want and it’s true – I don’t always want the same things and it’s always constantly changing maybe there is no end to desire!


 As an extra -

Today is the release day for All the Rage by Courtney Summers

All the Rage examines the shame and silence inflicted upon young women after an act of sexual violence, forcing us to ask ourselves: In a culture that refuses to protect its young girls, how can they survive?

Now that’s powerful and frightening stuff - Click the link below to tell the girls you know—and the ones you don’t—that they are seen, heard and loved.


10 comments:

  1. I have a copy of Everything Everything. From the quote you've included I think I may thoroughly enjoy it! :-) Great choices. My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book wasn't for me but I hope you enjoy it

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Me too - I think it shows one of Callum's deepest fears

      Delete
  3. Awesome quotes! I loved a lot of these books. "Just because it's common doesn't make it less powerful"...true that!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome quotes. I love the one from We Were Liars.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's one of my favourites because it's so relate-able

      Delete
  5. What a great list and some things to ponder :-)

    ReplyDelete